In this episode of The Opinionated SEO, we discuss an alternative to Google Analytics, specifically for those who don’t want to switch to GA4. We introduce one of my favorite alternatives, which is a lightweight and open-source web analytics tool that is fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and PECR – Plausible Analytics.
Here are some key takeaways:
1. Plausible is a simple and intuitive alternative to the complex interface of Google Analytics.
2. With Plausible, you own 100% of your website data, and there is no need for cookie prompts.
3. Plausible’s script is more than 17 times smaller than Google Analytics, making it a faster and more efficient option.
4. Plausible is fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA, and PECR, and does not share data with third-party advertisers.
5. Plausible offers real-time data and custom goals and events, making it a great alternative for those with small to medium-sized websites or personal blogs.